baramundi Mobile Devices
Tablets and smartphones are indispensable for everyday work and personal life. But combining private and business use on mobile devices can compromise security. IT managers need to prevent user apps
from accessing company data and ensure that private user data cannot be viewed by administrators.
baramundi Mobile Devices Premium adds the ability to baramundi Mobile Devices to configure and manage Android Enterprise Device Profiles to separate company and user apps and data. It also manages data separation in iOS devices.
- Easy separation of company and private data
- Data security during private use
- Basis for trustworthy BYOD use
- Android: Work and private profile views to easily switch back and forth (depending on the Android version used)
- Android: Option to protect the work profile with a password
- Android: Separate installations of identical apps in individual profiles
- Android: Administration only has access to work profiles
- iOS: Enable data separation
- iOS: Control transfer of work data to private apps
- iOS: Control transfer of personal data to company apps
- baramundi Mobile Devices Premium supports Android version 7.0 and higher, iOS version 9.0 and higher and iPadOS version 13 and higher.
Find out whether baramundi Inventory can help you, and request a free 30-day fully functional trial version.
We’ll happily demonstrate to you in person in your company how you can make the most of working with the baramundi Management Suite and how baramundi Inventory can provide you with an overview of your IT landscape.
Native container method
bMD Premium eliminates the need for third-party container solutions and does not prevent installation of security-relevant system updates. Work and private profiles exist next to each other, clearly separated but only a swipe away for user convenience. Apps in the work profile are marked with a small briefcase or similar icon for clarity. The work profile is encrypted and can be protected with a separate password to prevent confusion or unauthorized access if the device is lost. Native separation prevents apps from one profile accessing data from the other, so that, for example, confidential customer information cannot appear in the privately used WhatsApp. In turn, users can be sure that administrators only have access to the company profile and that only company data can be changed or deleted.
Install the same app twice
Each profile can have its own instance of a given app without configuration conflicts. The user effectively has two devices in one – one managed by their employer and another for personal use.
MD Premium also supports Android Dedicated Devices to limit devices to one or a few apps. This enables secure use of Android-based barcode scanners and Android tablets used for product configuration in the retail industry.