baramundi Mobile Devices
Tablets and smartphones are indispensable for everyday work and personal life. But combining private and business use on mobile devices can compromise security. IT managers need to prevent user apps
from accessing company data and ensure that private user data cannot be viewed by administrators.
The solution: baramundi Mobile Devices Premium extends baramundi Mobile Devices with the ability to configure and manage the native container of Android Enterprise - the Work Profile. Data separation in iOS via user enrollment or device enrollment can also be configured in detail. For both systems, the mode for dedicated devices is also available for operating mobile devices user-independently with limited app selection.
- Easy separation of company and private data
- Data security during private use
- Basis for trustworthy BYOD use
- Support for Apple iOS User Enrollment and Android Enterprise Work Profile
- Android: Work and private profile on Android Enterprise exist cleanly separated next to each other and yet are only one swipe away
- Android: Option to protect the work profile with a password
- Android: Separate installations of identical apps in individual profiles
- Android: Administration only has access to work profiles
- iOS: Enable data separation
- iOS: Control transfer of work data to private apps
- iOS: Control transfer of personal data to company apps
- baramundi Mobile Devices Premium supports Android version 7.0 and higher, iOS version 9.0 and higher and iPadOS version 13 and higher.
Find out whether baramundi Inventory can help you, and request a free 30-day fully functional trial version.
We’ll happily demonstrate to you in person in your company how you can make the most of working with the baramundi Management Suite and how baramundi Inventory can provide you with an overview of your IT landscape.
Native container method
baramundi Mobile Device Premium (bMD Premium) allows you to use the options included in Android Enterprise and iOS to create separate user profiles without having to rely on a 3rd party container.bMD Premium eliminates the need for third-party container solutions and does not prevent installation of security-relevant system updates. Work and private profile on Android Enterprise exist cleanly separated next to each other and yet are only one swipe away. Apps in the work profile are marked with a small briefcase or similar icon for clarity. The work profile is encrypted and can be protected with a separate password to prevent confusion or unauthorized access if the device is lost. Native separation with iOS User Enrollment prevents apps from one profile accessing data from the other, so that, for example, confidential customer information cannot appear in the privately used WhatsApp. In turn, users can be sure that administrators only have access to the company profile and that only company data can be changed or deleted.
Install the same app twice
With Android Enterprise Each profile can have its own instance of a given app without configuration conflicts. The user effectively has two devices in one – one managed by their employer and another for personal use.
MDM Premium also supports Android Dedicated Devices to limit devices to one or a few apps. This enables secure use of Android-based barcode scanners and Android tablets used for product configuration in the retail industry.